Monday, October 1, 2012

Monique Morelli - Ronsard - I love you


Original Title: "Je vous aime"
Year: 1978
If that's what being in love is, Madam, and during the day and during the night,
to dream, to imagine, to think of the means to please you,
to forget all things and not wanting to do anything else,
but to adore and to serve the beauty who harms me:

I love you!
I love you!
I love you!

If that's what being in love is, to follow an happiness that is fleeing me,
to lose myself and to be solitary,
To suffer lots of harm, to fear a lot and to remain quiet,
to weep, cry for mercy and see myself rejected as a result:

I love you!
I love you!
I love you!

If that's what being in love is, to live more in you than in myself,
to hide with a joyful forehead an extreme languor,
to feel deep in the soul an uneven combat,
If that's how it's to love: furious, I love you:

I love you!
I love you!
I love you!


All poems written by Ronsard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...