Thursday, October 4, 2012

Jacques Bertin - Jean-Max Brua - Dawn on the botanic garden

Jacques Bertin's version:

Original Title: "L'aube sur le jardin des plantes"
Text: Jean-Max Brua
Year: 1976

This day is warm like the wind
On her left cheek the shadow slips
And you are looking for words for her
That are like smooth grass snakes
Coming thick and fast in memory
The dawn on the botanical garden
And the shock of the trash cans
At the end of the street the men are cold
The naked monkeys shouts things of jungle
To the old blue ass monkey
Sitting in the cement tree

She leans like the day when
She came back to you from London
My sweetheart at the hollow of the eyes
My slow seaweed, my return
She leans over love
Breasts in the shadow of the hair
The first train is starting
at the end of the street the day is grey
And you gamble your fragile love
And you are scared, you might lose her
and you listen to the day creaking

And you want her to call you
And that she leans like that forever
My warm belly, my beauty
My shelter, my love
It's an autumn day
And you'd like to live without hate
Burst the stupid radios
and their vomited old tunes
She gets up, she is cold, it smells the street
The day is grey, you do not forget...
You do not forget

Original version by Jean-Max Brua:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...