Friday, February 20, 2015

Léo Ferré - Paul Verlaine - Green


Text: Paul Verlaine
Year: 1964
Here are some fruits, some leaves, some leaves and some branches
And then here is my heart which is beating for you only
Do not tear it with your two white hands
And to your eyes so beautiful may the humble present be sweet
May the humble present be sweet.

I arrive all covered with dew still
that the morning wind comes to freeze on my forehead
Allow that my tiredness at your feet rested
Dreams of the dear moments that are going to refresh it
That are going to refresh it.

On your young breast let my head roll
All sonorous still of your latest kisses
Let it be appeased from the good tempest
And that I sleep a little since you are resting
Since you are resting.
Live version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...