Friday, February 6, 2015

Barbara - Incestuous loves


Original Title: "Amours incestueuses"
Year: 1972
My love, my beauty, my king
My child whom I love
My love, my beauty, my law
My other self
You are the setting sun
fell on earth
You are my last spring
My god, how I love you

I had already done my way
I was walking toward the silence
With quite some insolence
I did not want anyone no more
I was going forward in an autumn
My last autumn maybe

I did not desire anything nomore
But like a miracle
You appeared in my light

And you my love, my king
Shattering my borders
And you my setting sun,
My sky and my earth
You gave me your twenties
From the heart of yourself
You are my last spring
My god, how I love you

I always thought that loves,
The most beautiful loves,
Were the incestuous loves
There was in your eyes
There was in your eyes
A luminous tenderness

You wanted to live with me
The most beautiful loves
The loves that are the most beautiful

I reopened my house
Wide my windows
And I crowned your forehead
I kissed your mouth
And you my adolescent
You, my tear,
You laid your twenties
To my forties

But barely are they born
That they are already condemned
The loves of desperation
For to never become tarnished
That diamond that was given to us
I burnt our cathedral

The most beautiful loves,
The loves that are the most beautiful
Are the incestuous loves

Farewell, my love, my king
My child whom I love
Later you will understand it
When one loves one has to
Leave at the most beautiful I think
And hide one's sorrow

My love, my child king
I go away and I love you
This is my truth
From the heart of myself

Live version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...