Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jacques Bertin - Aragon - Les Ponts-de-Cé


Les Ponts-de-Cé is the name of a french village, it could be translated to "The bridges of Cé"
Text: Louis Aragon (1942)
Year: 1967
I went through Les Ponts-de-Cé
It's there that everything began

A song of the time gone by
Talks about a wounded knight
About a rose on the roadway
About an unlaced blouse
About a castle of an insane duke
And about swans in the ditches
About the meadows where comes dancing
An eternal bride

And I drank like a frozen milk
the long lai of distorted glories

The Loire takes away my thoughts
Like the overturned cars
And the defused weapons
And the tears badly wiped out
Oh my France! Oh my neglected!
I went through Les Ponts-de-Cé

All poems written by Louis Aragon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...