Monday, January 13, 2014

Jacques Bertin - The No-Plea


Original Title: "La Non-Supplique"

Year: 1968
I die with humor, I die modestly
I didn't even put my Sunday clothes on
I am not of those grumpy embittered grandpa's
I dieing without pretention, I'm looking at the Loire
running in front of my house with some naked children,
At the sky with its ultimate swallow in the eye

So goes my life away and my blood which is falling asleep
Remain the big birds that are asleep under the leaves
Remain your long hair and the sun in the water

We live we do not know what, we do not know how
I don't know why, I do not know yet
I reached adulthood one morning by chance
I sold my youth to a fair juggler
I felt all my days pierced by air and birds
My life in me, my blood like a certainty

My life like a tooth eating of death
A big stupid happiness that got its wings caught
Here is the bridge that cracks and the dredge that groans

I've tried but life, I would be slightly annoyed with myself
to kneel to lick its boots
I move away from the water, I go away, everything is fine
I even forget to organise my chrysanthemums

At my wedding as well I was late
andI was caressing your buttocks on the sly
She died before me, that's too bad, that's allright
It's my turn to move aside without speech, without plea
Let the immortals tell us about death

I don't care about death, and marbles, and flowers
I'm still alive and I don't want to talk about it
I hear the pointy steps of women on the platform
I follow them, I want them, it's you and I marry you
It's warm and the Loire stretches and spreads out
I also drove on the left side at the time of the strawberries
Mouth drooling, I go where I fall asleep
I have lived my life full like a writing
and the last sentence isn't written yet
It's very late this evening and I am alone, I dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...