Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jacques Bertin - Aragon - Les Ponts-de-Cé


Les Ponts-de-Cé is the name of a french village, it could be translated to "The bridges of Cé"
Text: Aragon
I went through Les Ponts-de-Cé
It's there that everything started

A song of the time gone by
Talks about a wounded knight
About a rose on the roadway
About an unlaced blouse
About a castle of an insane duke
And about swans in the ditches
About the meadows where comes dancing
An eternal bride

And I drank like a frozen milk
the long lai of distorted glories

The Loire takes away my thoughts
Like the overturned cars
And the defused weapons
And the tears badly wiped out
O my France! O my neglected!
I went through Les Ponts-de-Cé

All poems written by Louis Aragon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mouloudji - We have to live

Original Title: " Faut vivre " Despite the big eyes of the void "It's to better eat you, child" And the silence...