Monday, November 18, 2019

Charles Aznavour - On my life


Original title: "Sur ma vie"
Year: 1956
On my life
One day, I've sworn to you
To love you until the last day of my days
And the same word,
Very soon, had to,
Unite us in front of God and men

On my life, I have sworm to you
That this bond will hold until the end of Times
This is how we were living
Drunk with passion
And my heart wanted to offer you my name

Close to the organs which were singing
In front of God who was praying
Happy, I was waiting for you
But the organs went silent
And God disappeared
Because you did not come

On my life....
I've sworm to you that my heart
Will never beat for another heart
And everything is lost
Because it is not beating anymore
But it's crying for my disappointed love

On my life...
One day, I've sworn to you
To love you until the last day of my days
And even now
I'll hold my oath
In spite of the hurt you inflicted me

On my life...
Honey...
I will love you.

Live version:
Version of Les Compagnons de la Chanson:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...