Friday, October 11, 2019

Leny Escudéro - For a fling


Original Title: "Pour une amourette"
Year: 1962
For a fling
Which was passing this way
I've lost my mind
And then here I am
For a fling
Which was setting there
For a fling
Who was reaching her arms out to me
For a fling
Who told me: Come.
I believed that a celebration
Was dancing in my hands
For a fling
Who was making happiness
I've run away from the planet
To follow her elsewhere
Then I told myself
You are at the end of the way
You can stop there
Finally rest
And when love
Drowned in her eyes
I believed that I had just
Invented the blue sky

For a fling
Who had smiled at me
I made myself honest
I changed my life
For a fling
Who knew how to love me
For a fling
Who believed she loved me
For a fling
Eternal love
Lasts the time of a party
The time of a sun
And my fling
Who was too pretty
Towards other conquests
Soon left again
The first farewell
Has kept its secret
She took away love
Leaving me the regrets
But our old spring
Blossomed again in the distance
Close against my heart
Already it was telling me

A little fling
You just have to take it as it comes
One day, two maybe
A long time sometimes
Go dry your tears
A new love
Is watching and disarms
The sorrows of a single day
A small fling
One day will come back
To turn your head
To open its arms
Sing the romance
Of some pretty dream
And I already know
That you'll say yes
Then loves
for you will blossom again
You will love again
At the pretty season
A small fling
Is never too pretty
When you know in advance
How long life lasts

Michèle Arnaud's version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...