Friday, October 25, 2019

La Tordue - Lola


Year: 1998
During the free-for-all²
I've placed your hand in my paw
And gripped so hard
Against my palm your heart beats
The wind of madness
Slowly towards the river
Pushes me into its bed
The folds of the sheet are the sea
Where from waves to foam
My vague heart fills itself with her
When the yards at the topmast
Beat the sky with their wings
- And while rounding Good-Hope
It's again
It's Lola from Valencia
It's her body
Which is dancing in my head

In this loneliness
Populated with so many stars
The heart obsolete
And the hands on the canvas
This song is coming back to me
From the country I come from
It's a nameless country
It's your heart on mine
This song it's Lola
Who sang it to me one evening
In the hollow of that ear here
Which does not recover since
It's again
It's Lola from Valencia
It's her body
Which is dancing in my head

It's crazy how poetry
Can take us for a ride
Towards incredible port of alls
Where the ink of the words throws us
The flowers of evil a page
Having invited me to the journey
It's your perfumes I'm picking up
Sailor on the sly in your blouse
And I pinch myself to know
When I wake up by your side
If that pink and black jewel
Was just a dream washed ashore
But it's your turn to wake up
My lady of heart my beauty
Did you sleep well, my love?
Oh you my Lola for real.


² little play on words with "grabbing/fist fighting event/chaos" in french

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...