Thursday, June 19, 2014

Anne Sylvestre - Do you remember, the Seine ?


Original Title: "T'en souviens-tu, la Seine?"
Year: 1964
Do you remember, the Seine
Do you remember how it comes back to me
Comes back to me the old song
of when we had nothing
of when we had for sole luggages
your two quays for me to walk
your two quays to better dream there?
You were, you were my travels
And the sea, you were my sailing ships
You were for me the ignored landscapes.

I was telling you, the Seine
That we had the eyes of the same color.
When I had sorrow
When I lead my heart astray,
When I found the city too dark,
You were gilding beaches for me
You were putting your silk coat on for me
And for me, who didn't want to believe anymore
And for me, for me not to drown myself
You were making a story out of a sorrow, a joy

They will tell you, the Seine
That I don't have the heart to go for a stroll
or if I go for a walk
it's far from your neighborhood
They will tell you that I neglect you
And though I haven't changed
No, I haven't forgotten about you
My friend of all the tendernesses
I kept your reflections in my eyes
I kept your colors, your caresses to dream about.

Do you remember, the Seine
Do you remember how it comes back to me
Comes back to me the old song
of when we were feeling good?
And if I have seen other landscapes
Your two quays made me dream so much
Wait for me: I will return there
You will be my first big journey
And the harbor where I will put into
Tired of so many other shores, forgotten

Do you remember, the Seine,
Do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...