Monday, February 17, 2014

Marc and André - Farewell Nathalie


Original Title: "Adieu Nathalie"
Text: Pierre Latour
Year: 1955

In the street slowly,
You were going slowly
In the street that was shining under the rain

In the foreign city
You were going toward the harbor
Where the boats were sleeping
In their craddle of rain

And I, I was following you
Sadly in the night
I was hearing your clear step
Nathalie

I was following my love, in the city asleep
Where the silent sky cried onto the big port

On the quay, a sailor hugged you in his arms
Your joined faces were streaming with water
He gave you the hand and you left
On a beautiful white boat, from the Canary Islands

On a beautiful white boat, my song is over

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...