Sunday, October 6, 2013

Monique Morelli - Louis Aragon - Elsa



Text: Louis Aragon (1956)
Music: Léo Ferré
Year: 1961 (Ferré's version), 1966 (Morelli's version)
Is it then sufficient for you to appear
of that look you have when tying
Your hair up, that touching gesture,
For me to revive and recognise
A world inhabited by the singing
Elsa my love, my youth

Oh strong and sweet like wine
Alike to the sun of the windows
You give me back the caress of being
You give me back the thirst and the hunger
To live still and to experience
our story until the end

It's a miracle to be together
The light on your cheek
That around you the wind plays
Everytime if I see you I tremble
Like for his first date
A young man looking like me

For the first time your mouth
For the first time your voice
from a wing to the peak of the woods
The tree simmers down to the stump
It's always the first time
When your dress while passing touches me

My life in truth begins
The day I met you
You whose arms were able to block
Its atrocious way to my dementia
And who showed me the land
That kindness alone sows

You came at the heart of helplessness
to chase the bad fevers out
And I've blazed like a juniper
At Christmas between your fingers
I'm really born from your lip
My life originates from you

So, is it thus sufficient for you to appear
of that look you have when tying
Your hair up that touching gesture
For me to revive and recognise
A world inhabited by the singing
Elsa my love, my youth

Léo Ferré's version:

All poems written by Louis Aragon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...