Monday, February 22, 2021

Léo Ferré - The madness


Original title: "La folie"
Year: 1970
Van Gogh's chair where you do not sit
Vincent's shoes which you do not put on
The ear of that guy who does not listen to you anymore
Those crows in the wheat of a lost canvas

I do not stop anymore when I see madness
I run her errands and sleep in her bed

The tears of that tree worried in the forest
What kind of wood was Vincent's chair?
The sheeps of the street hide in scarves
Workers change tune without stopping work

I do not stop anymore when I see madness
I run her errands and sleep in her bed

The steps of that child in the hell of the Faculty
Her sex and her virtue, her pill and her stage fright
When vertigo penetrates and overtakes her
Under the double and iced eye of an old prostitute's mirror

It's at that moment that I lose madness
And that I stay alone with my madman's eyes

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog. I'm a huge Aznavour fan and just finding out about Brel. Keep up the good work! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...