Sunday, April 26, 2020

Monique Morelli - Seghers - Forbidden shores


Original Title: "Rives défendues"
Text: Pierre Seghers
Year: 1970
Along the forbidden shores
Along the astounded loves
Along the time I've lost
You, You my elusive love
Nothing more than a trace in the sand
Never seen, never heard

I took solitary paths
Which turned around the earth
There, I've learned to keep quiet for a long time
You, you were shouting in my chest
A lost shout of wildfowl
Where my mysteries were tearing one another apart

I've held secret like a fire
Love which is written with chalk
On the walls and in the forests
You, You were pursuing me endlessly
Like my shadow, like my distress
Like a reflection on the marsh

Over me, sometimes, you leaned
In your gaze a swath
Of tears, of exchanged tears
You, you were seeing me like a cloud
Vanishing in the bottom of the beaches
Annihilating myself in my dive

So leaving one another
We were going beyond time
To die where the wind is waiting for us
You, you were soon nothing more than a gesture
Than a mirage or what's left of it
And yet, I'll be waiting for you for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...