Friday, September 4, 2015

Gribouille - Ostend



Original Title: "Ostende"
Year: 1968
If I knew how to speak about Ostende
Me, I'd give her your name
I would tell to whom wants to hear it
That you deserve a song

Ostende, you made it so pretty to me
Noone ever changed Paris for me
And of wave's memory
If one has to believe the waves
And of seaweed's memory
If one has to believe the seaweeds.

There hasn't been before
Lovers as beautiful as us
Even so that Tristan
Was sleeping at our knees

If I knew how to speak about Ostende
I'd ask her forgiveness
Because I swear to whom wants to hear it
That it always bore your name

Ostende which was making her ships silent
I know, it was to better hear your laugh
And we were standing
Without knowing that it was raining
While drinking that thunderstorm
Oh God, how I loved you!

The words you told me
Are not those that one writes down
Feathers and poets
Are quiet sometimes

If I knew how to speak about Ostende
I would not say anything about the sea
But I'd say to whom wants to hear it
That love gives you green eyes

I do not know how to talk about Ostende
I can only make a song
You only will be able to understand
That all along, I have said your name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...