Thursday, May 22, 2014

Léo Ferré - Verlaine - My familiar dream


Original title: "Mon rêve familier"
Text: Paul Verlaine
Year: 1964

I often make that strange and penetrating dream
Of an unknown woman and whom I love and who loves me
And who is, everytime, not entirely the same
Nor quite another and who loves me and understands me

Because she understands me and my heart transparent
For her alone, alas!, stops being a problem.
For her alone, and the sweatiness of my pallid forehead
She only knows how to refresh them while crying.

Is she brown haired, blond or redhaired? I don't know.
Her name? I remember it's sweet and resonant,
Like the ones of the loved ones who have been exiled by life.

Her gaze is alike to the gaze of the statues
And, for her voice, distant, and calm, and deep, it has
the inflexion of the dearest voices who went silent.

Julos Beaucarne's version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...