Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Les Ogres de Barback - Pierre Perret - At the Canal's cafe


Original Title: "Au Café du canal"
Text: Pierre Perret
Year: 1977
At the beautiful Rosette's, at the canal's cafe
On the lime trunk that shaded the ball
you could read under two intertwined hearts
"Here you may bring your kisses"

I, my kisses I had lost them
And I already believed that I had kissed everything
And I didn't know that you came over
and that your new mouth was papered with them
Fortune untill now hadn't smiled on me
Over my craddle the fairies weren't leaning much
And every time I fell on a nettle's square
There was a wasp to sting me in the neck

Though my luck today is here
Under the green arbour of your bent eyelashes
When you looked at me for the first time
My old freedom started to reel
We were alone in the world in this populous dance
And with a single hand I imprisoned your waist

Your breasts were pushing again the pleats of your blue bodice
They almost won the battle
I love the sky because it's in your eyes
I love the bird because he knows your name
I love your laugh and all those curious words
that you come whispering at the collar of my jacket

And I see again your hands crossed on your chest
Your clothes thrown on a chair at the bed's feet
Your poor heart was making small sardine's jumps
When I put my head against it
God, you thank God, that's all you!
But my love for you is far more strong
Could have God slept beside you
a whole night without touching your body.

At the beautiful Rosette's, at the canal's cafe
On the lime trunk that shaded the ball
you could read under two intertwined hearts
"Here you may bring your kisses"
Pierre Perret's version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...