Friday, November 20, 2020

Serge Reggiani - How long it is to die, my youth


Original Title: "Comme elle est longue à mourir ma jeunesse"
Text: Jean Dréjac
Music: Michel Legrand
Year: 1971
How long it is to die, my youth
My youth in my heart
Have I never betrayed it, my youth
Who leaves me to my agitation
And who goes away from me
How long it is to die, this rose
This rose of life
The most beautiful of the garden of extravagances
One rose,
The last one of the garden we forget.

How heavy they are to carry in the fall
In the fall of life
Those dreams who will sink without anyone
Without anyone to care for them
We have to resign ourselves
But I am looking at one rose blossoming
One rose of the Spring
And I suddenly find something back
Under my hand
Yes, I am hearing the wandering heart
Of a young man
A young man
Who does not want to die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...