Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Jacques Bertin - Dimey/Salvador - Syracuse


Text: Bernard Dimey
Music: Henri Salvador
Year: 1982

I'd like so much to see Syracuse
The Easter Island and Kairouan
And the big birds having fun
Gliding the wing under the wind

To see the gardens of Babylon
And the palace of the great Lama
To dream of the lovers of Verona
At the top of the Mount Fuji

To see the country of the calm morning
To go cormorant fishing
And to get drunk with palm wine
While listening to the wind sing

Before that my youth wears out
And that my springs are gone
I'd like so much to see Syracuse
So I could remember it in Paris

Henri Salvador's version:

Yves Montand's version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...