Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jean Ferrat - Aragon - We will sleep together


Original Title: "Nous dormirons ensemble"
Text: Louis Aragon

Be it sunday or monday
Evening or morning, midnight midday
In hell or paradise
Loves to loves ressemble
It was yesterday that I told you
We will sleep together

It was yesterday and it is tomorrow
I only have you left as path
I put my heart between your hands
With yours how it beats the amble
All the human time it has
We will sleep together

My love, what has been, will be
The sky is over us like a sheet
I closed my arms up on you
And I love you so much that I tremble
As long as you will want
We will sleep together

another version:


All poems written by Louis Aragon

2 comments:

  1. Google translate unfortunately does a terrible job with poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smiles* Even though those are literal translations none of them have gone through Google translate. The thing is I try to retain the order of the words and the scansion used in french. I am not fond of free translations which changes words in order to sound better and I am not trying to redo poetry in english but to capture the meaning of the french poem.

      Delete

Mouloudji - We have to live

Original Title: " Faut vivre " Despite the big eyes of the void "It's to better eat you, child" And the silence...