Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Jacques Bertin - Return to Chalonnes


Original Title: "Retour à Chalonnes"
Year: 1993
There is an obvious link between "even" and "loves me" in the way they sound in French

All the villages arranged like pearls
On the Loire sweet on my neck perfectly
I am well aware that here is my place, everything reminds me
Subsidence of the ground in the heart really
Really here, old feelings, everything brings me back
Trees in bloom, florid head, drying linen,
Garlands on the loose bas-reflief of time,
Here finally is my place and from now on even

Even
If I look for you here, even
So infinitely
Something here loves me
And make me lose my fondness

I know well that one had to leave far away to understand
The geometry of those roads in my hand
Absolve the horizons as well, make some ashes,
Bury names in the ground of the clouds far away
Run with the lie and go hang oneself
See in the window too many houses passing by
And not forgetting anything. Here I think I hear
the ground water of songs spring up

Even
If I look for you here, even
So infinitely
Something here loves me
And make me lose my fondness

The very slow work of sand of words torments
My table, that river, that mirror of the drowned
I am alone, there is my patient wound
It's here the pain in the side wants to bleed
Then that breath on the slope or on your temple
That breath like a golden hair the summer evenings
Then dusk where you come in the white grass
to sit, then as if night was your hip
As if you were going to come
Everything that leans
Then if you came
carrying a lamp
Then if you loved me
Like slowly
starts here
the dreamed life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...