Thursday, August 28, 2014

Léo Ferré - Verlaine - I still see you


Original Title: "Je vous vois encore"
Text: Paul Verlaine
Year: 1964

I still see you! In a summer dress
white and yellow with curtain's flowers.
But you didn't have anymore the wet cheerfulness
Of the most delirious of our short futures.

The small bride and the elder girl
Had reappeared with the clothes
And it was already our fate
That looked at me under your veil

Be forgiven! And it's the reason why,
I keep, alas! with some pride,
In my memory, which cuddled you,
the side lightning that flew from your eye.

Slightly different version:

Je vous vois encore/ leo ferre paul verlaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...