Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jacques Bertin - I have seen her eyes


Original Title: "J'ai vu ses yeux"
Year: 1967
I have seen her eyes
A beautiful pond of willow woman lost in a strange space,
the faraway dream of the countries and her lips of wet bird
So well that with my fingertips I would have liked to wipe them.

Like in the morning: a fountain, her smile of overjoyed child
Clearer than the infante Isabella and more lively than a swallow's throw
than the oriflamme of the morning, and the mirror of a mermaid,
the blond squire of spring, and the alauda of the mutineers

Is it allowed to be so blond that you make the wheat jealous
From Beauce and Brie gathered on the edge of her running path
And I hear them whisper that God has abandonned them
And I, God, I'm grateful to him for the beauty he gave me

Vivacious like a reed's thread if the wind commanded it
Or if the wind commanded it to the abandonned tenderness
Like a bouquet of shore's grasses, damp and lukewarm without talking
Damp that makes me damp, eyes between laughing and crying

And her joy with full white teeth, it's Chartres revived in the morning
Naïve and fierce street urchin, my fierce with the chin
My naïve one with her mischiefs, my flower of snow and water
My clown child, my soiled one, my freed korrigane
My blond child, my beloved

I will learn to keep quiet, I will learn to listen
to the wind passing through her lips, and I'll become light
I'll become light
And then some milky tendernesses, I will learn to soothe those worries of scared child
who is afraid of the dark and calls. And I will become shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...