Thursday, October 4, 2012

Barbara - My most beautiful love story


Original Title: "Ma plus belle histoire d'amour"
Year: 1966


As far as it is returning to me
the shadow of my old loves
As far as the first date

At the time of my first sorrows
I was barely fifteen years old then
White heart, scratches on the knees

That it was - I was precocious -
tender child's love
or the bites of a mad love

As far as I can remember
If I have said "I love you" since then
My most beautiful love story is you

It's true I didn't behave
And I turned many pages
Without reading them, white, and then nothing on them

It's true, I didn't behave
And my warriors of passage
Barely seen, already gone

But through their faces
it was already your image
It was you already and baren heart

I was packing my luggages again
and pursuing my mirage
My most beautiful love story is you

On the long road, leading up to you
On the long road, I was going with a crazy heart
December's wind was freezing at my neck
No matter December if it was for you

How long the road was
but I walked it, the road
The one leading up to you

And I'm not a perjurer
if this evening I swear to you
that for you I'd have done it on my knees

There would have required way more
than just some bad apostles
than winter or snow in my neck

For me to lose patience
And I calmed my violence
My most beautiful love story is you

But so many winters and falls
Nights, days and noone
You were never at the rendez-vous

And of you, becoming discouraged
Suddenly the rage grabbed me
My god, how much I needed you

To the hell with you
Others opened me their doors
Happy, I went far away from you

Yes I've been unfaithful to you
But I was coming back to you anyway
My most beautiful love story is you

I've cried tears
but how sweet it was to me, oh so sweet
that first smile from you

And for a tear, coming from you
I cried of love
Do you remember?

It was an evening in september,
you came to wait for me
Here exactly, do you remember it?

Looking at you smiling
Loving you without saying anything
It's at that moment that I suddenly understood

I had reached the end of my journey
And I put my luggages down
You were there at the rendez-vous

No matter what can be said about it
I wanted to tell you
Tonight I thank you for yourself

No matter what can be said about it
I came to tell you
My most beautiful love story is you

Live version:

Studio version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Léo Ferré - You never say anything

Original Title: " Tu ne dis jamais rien " Year: 1971 I see the world a bit like one sees the unbelievable This what the unbeli...